Your views needed on Mold High Street Improvements
Flintshire County Council and Mold Town Council need your opinion on proposals to improve and upgrade Mold High Street.
Following the successful award of Welsh Government funding this financial year and forming part of the wider integrated transport proposal for Mold, the Council is proposing a package of measures aimed at enhancing the vibrancy of the High Street, reduce traffic volumes and improve the environment for pedestrians and cyclists.
The proposals support the policy aims set out in the Mold Town Plan , support the ambitions contained within Welsh Government’s ‘Active Travel’ Wales Act as well as conforming to the vision of Welsh Government’s ‘New Wales Transport Strategy’ which aims to encourage more walking, cycling and sustainable modes of travel.
The outline proposals include:
- Configuring lower High Street to a permanent One-Way (southbound direction)
- Introduction of a two-way cycle lane on the lower High Street including improved Cycle facilities.
- Widening of the eastern pavement to maximise footway space (particularly at the high footfall points) and to reduce pedestrian pinch points.
- Eastern parking bays to be retained following the widening of the existing footway.
- Western pavement to be retained as existing
- Western parking bays to be retained as existing
- Upgrade of existing traffic signals to improve vehicular and pedestrian flows.
- Improved streetscape including seating areas & planters.
- There is also an option (although not integral to the scheme) to implement Active Travel Improvements to the Upper High Street which would require re-evaluation of the existing parking arrangements.
Your views are important and will help us to provide a ‘tailor made’ scheme meeting the needs of the local community. We want to enhance the High Street by making our network safer and improving connectivity within the town.
We want to hear what you think about our proposals, however, it is not possible to hold face-to-face consultation events due to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions. Instead, we would ask you to view the proposals on line via our dedicated consultation page at flintshire.gov.uk/MoldTC and search for ‘Mold High Street Improvements’ where a proposed scheme drawing and short questionnaire has been included for your comments.
If you don’t have access to a computer, then you can call to register your views on: 01352 701234
The consultation period is open until midnight of 29 January 2021.