Alert Section

Explosives licence

A licence or registration is required to store explosives including fireworks kept for the purpose of sale. There are stringent safety precautions to be taken by applicants and restrictions on the sale of fireworks to those underage.

There is also a restriction on the sale of fireworks at times other than the 3 weeks surrounding bonfire night and a few days prior to New Years day. Anyone wishing to sell fireworks other than at the prescribed dates must apply to the Trading Standards service for a special licence.

Contact Us

Tel: 01352 703181 (Business enquiries and other matters)

Write to:

Trading Standards Service, Environment Directorate, County Hall, Mold, Flintshire, CH7 6NF


Visit: Entrance 3, County Hall, Mold - Our office hours are 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday