Alert Section

Medals and Honours

Medals are issued by the Ministry of Defence (MOD) Medal Office.

Claim a medal

Serving armed forces personnel should always apply for medals through their RN, RM, Army or RAF units and consult

If you're ex-armed forces and didn't claim your medals at the time contact the Medal Office.

The next of kin of ex-armed forces are also entitled to claim any medals that had not been awarded.

D-Day veterans - award of the Legion d'Honneur. The government of France has advised the Ministry of Defence that it wishes to award the Legion d’Honneur to all surviving veterans. Find out how to apply for the Legion D'Honneur.

Apply for an honour

Find out how to nominate someone for an honour. The person must still be actively involved in what you’re nominating them for.