UK Community Renewal Fund
Flintshire County Council is seeking bids from organisations wishing to deliver activity as part of the UK Community Renewal Fund.
In order to prepare a bid please refer to the following documents:
- UK Community Renewal Fund: Prospectus 2021-22
- UK Community Renewal Fund Application Form
- UK Community Renewal Fund Assessment Criteria
- UK Community Renewal Fund: Technical Note for Project Applicants and Deliverers
- UK Community Renewal Fund: Frequently Asked Questions
- Privacy Notice
These can all be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-community-renewal-fund-prospectus
Successful UK Community Renewal Fund bids will be for 2021/22 only. All project activity and expenditure must be capable of being delivered from end of summer 2021 and be completed by end of March 2022.
To help local areas prepare for the introduction of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, the UK Government is providing funding in 2021/22 through the UK Community Renewal Fund. A focus for this Fund is to support innovation and new ideas and investing in pilots that draw on local insights.
Flintshire County Council has been designated as a lead authority by the UK Government. As a lead authority Flintshire County Council is responsible for:
- issuing this invitation
- receiving bids
- selecting the bids that will be sent to UK Government for consideration
- paying grants to successful projects and managing their performance
Full details of the role of lead authorities can be found in the UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus.
What type of bids are we looking for?
Projects must deliver activity that is line with the UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus and align with at least one of these investment priorities:
- Investment in skills
- Investment for local business
- Investment in communities and place
- Supporting people into employment
There are no financial allocations to these priorities. The UK Government anticipates supporting a range of projects by theme and size, but applicants are encouraged to maximise impact and deliverability through larger projects (£500,000+) where this is possible.
As 90% of funding available through the UK Community Renewal Fund is revenue funding and only available in 2021/22, projects should be predominantly, or exclusively revenue based. Projects that focus predominantly on the construction or major refurbishment of buildings, the purchase of land or the purchase of large pieces of equipment will not be supported.
How Bids will be Assessed
As the lead authority Flintshire County Council will assess all bids submitted. Bids will be assessed against:
- the gateway criteria set out in the UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus – bids that fail to meet these criteria are ineligible for support and will be rejected
- the extent to which they meet the objectives of UK Community Renewal Fund
- the extent to which bids would support the delivery of local growth and employment support priorities
- the extent to which projects can be delivered within a short timeframe (approximately 6 months) and be fully completed by 31st March 2022.
Following assessment Flintshire County Council will submit those eligible bids which most strongly meet the UK Community Renewal Fund and local priorities to the UK Government for consideration, up to a maximum of £3m. The Council reserves the right not to include any bids that do meet the assessment criteria.
The UK Government will assess all bids submitted by lead authorities against the criteria set out in the UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus.
The UK Government will announce the outcome of the assessment process from late July 2021 onwards.
Flintshire County Council will enter into a funding agreement with successful bidders.
Submitting a Bid
Bids must be submitted using the UK Community Renewal Fund Application Form. Bids submitted in any other format will not be accepted.
Bids must be submitted to Flintshire County Council using this email address: email@example.com
Bids must be submitted by 5.00pm on Friday 14th May 2021. Any bids submitted after this deadline will be not be accepted.
The UK Community Renewal Fund is a competitive process and Flintshire County Council and the UK Government will not enter into discussions with bidders.