Alert Section

Reportable incidents & accidents

Under health and safety law, you must report (new window) and keep a record of certain injuries, incidents and cases of work-related disease.

You can find out which ones must be reported and how to report them on the HSE website (new window).

Keeping records will help you to identify patterns of accidents and injuries, and will help when completing your risk assessment. Your insurance company may also want to see your records if there is a work-related claim.