Employing Personal Assistants (PAs)
If you choose to employ PAs using your Direct Payment there are a few things to consider. There are legal requirements and general good practice to adhere to, such as:
- Record keeping
- Using payroll and provide pensions where applicable
- Providing holiday pay and keeping a record of this
- Ensure employers and public liability insurance is in place
- Safe recruitment practice e.g. right to work checks and DBS checks
- Health and safety
- Access to training
- Providing contracts of employment
However the Direct Payment Support Officers can provide you with the necessary support and information in relation to all of above. You’re not alone taking on this new role, we are here to support and guide you through becoming an employer.
There is further information surrounding the employer role along with case studies on the Social Care Wales hub.
You can also speak to the Direct Payment team to find out more 01352 701100
You will need to consider what training your PA may require.
There are a number of opportunities to access training, please see our training page for more information